Frequent Asked Questions
1.What is HKJC Priority Programme?
-HKJC Priority Programme has been established specially to thank account holders who have been long-time customers and given tremendous support to the Club over the years. The programme is offered by invitation only to selected account customers.
- After being invited to join HKJC Priority Programme, customers are entitled to enjoy all the current privileges applicable to the relevant tier of the Priority Card. The accumulation of points in the current season will determine the privilege tier to be enjoyed by the customer in the following season.
The ways to accumulate points for Priority Programme:
•Frequency of your participation in racing and football through your Betting Account
•Amount of your participation in racing and football through your Betting Account
•Frequency of your visits to racecourse facilities during race meetings
•Opening of an HKJC Betting Account and the length of time you have been using it
•Shopping at designated Racecourse gift shops. (Once per race meeting, regardless of the number and amount of purchase)
2.Who is eligible to join HKJCPriority Programme?
- In order to reward customers for their support, HKJC Priority Programme invites selected Betting Account customers to enjoy a host of customized betting services, racecourse privileges and premium customer services. Eligibility criteria for HKJC Priority Programme will be taken into account include the number of years the Betting Account has been used, the activeness of participation in racing and football through the betting account and the frequency of participation in Club-related activities.
3.Can HKJC Priority Programme customers be upgraded to higher tiers?
- Yes. Our computer system maintains records of your usage of The Hong Kong Jockey Club services. During each season, if you reach the accumulated point requirements for the next tier, you will be upgraded to that level, and enjoy more premium service. Upgraded customers will receive their new Priority Card the following month. The last batch of Priority Cards for this Season will be issued by the end of May 2013. Customers who are upgraded after that will receive their Priority Card before the new season opens.
4.What are Priority Rewards and Priority Coins? How do I earn Priority Coins?
- To thank HKJC Priority Programme customers for their support, we have introduced Priority Rewards, a range of gifts and privileges from a wide range of merchants. You can spend Priority Coins anytime to redeem Rewards items of your choice. We award Priority Coins according to customer tiers before the start of each season.
Each tier is awarded as follows:
5. How do I join the Priority Rewards programme?
- Priority customers are automatically enrolled in the Priority Rewards programme.
6. How long are Priority Coins valid?
- Priority Coins for the current season are valid till 31 August 2013.
7. Can Priority Coins be exchanged for cash?
- No. Priority Coins cannot be exchanged for cash.
8. Can Priority Coins and Priority Points be transferred to other accounts?
- No. Priority Coins and Priority Points cannot be transferred to other accounts.
9. How can I earn more Priority Coins?
- Priority Coins are issued according to customer tiers before the start of each season. You can receive more Priority Coins only if you accumulate enough Priority Points to reach the requirements of the next tier. Additional Priority Coins will then be transferred to customer’s account automatically.
Each tier requires the following points:
Example 1 (for customers who have not yet redeemed any Priority Coins):
|Priority Coins awarded to Priority
Red customer at start of Season
|Difference in Priority Coins
between Priority Red tier and
Priority Silver tier
|Priority Coins balance after
reaching new tier
||2 + 6 = 8 coins
Example 2 (for customers who have redeemed Priority Coins):
Priority Coins awarded to Priority
Red customer at start of Season
|Number of Priority Coins
reaching Priority Silver tier
|Difference in Priority
Coins between Priority
Red tier and Priority Silver tier
|Priority Coins balance
after reaching new tier
||2 - 1 + 6 = 7 coins
10. How can I redeem Priority Rewards?
- Priority Customers can log in to the exclusive website www.hkjcpriority.com to choose and redeem gifts, as follows:
Login and select your reward. Then click “Redeem". After reading the redemption logistic and terms, select your redemption location and click “Confirm”. Input your redemption quantity under “Selected rewards”, and then click “Submit”.
After submission, click "Confirm" to redeem rewards and once your Priority Coins have been deducted, a redemption letter will be mailed to your address registered with The Hong Kong Jockey Club. Please visit your selected redemption location along with the redemption letter to redeem your gift. Postal wait times depend on individual suppliers. You can print or save your redemption record for further reference.
Priority Customers can also submit the Rewards Redemption Form, by fax, email or mail.
11. How can I get a Priority Rewards programme gift catalogue?
- A Priority Rewards programme gift catalogue is posted to every Priority Customers before the start of each season. Customers may also view the gift catalogue online at this website.
12. Is the Priority Rewards programme gift catalogue regularly updated?
- Yes. The Priority Rewards programme gift catalogue is updated from time to time. New gifts and privileges are made available from a variety of merchants to let Priority Customers enjoy more rewards.
13. Why is an item I saw in the Priority Rewards programme gift catalogue listed as out-of-stock online?
- Items in the Priority Rewards programme gift catalogue are all specially selected and made available in limited editions while stock lasts. New gifts and privileges are added to the catalogue during each season. For the most up-to-date selection, please refer to this website.
14. How can I check my Priority Coins / Priority Points?
- To check your account any time, simply enter your Web User Name or Betting Account Number and Web Password at this website.
15. What can I do if I forget my password?
- You may contact our Customer Care at hotline 1818 to retrieve your password.
16. How often is my online statement updated?
- Your online statement will be updated once a month.
17. Can I book racecourse venues on this website?
- This website only provides information about reserving venues. You can book venues through our telephone hotlines: 1818 (Priority Customers), 1815 (Owners), 1814 (Members), 2966-8232 (Racing Club Members).
18. Why I cannot see the content of this page?
- The site supports browsers Internet Explorer 7, Firefox and Google Chrome. Please upgrade your browser to view this site.
19. Can I use my Priority Coins redeemed HK$50 (C050) Racecourse Dinning Coupon together with the complimentary cash coupons from this season Priority Booklet?
- Yes, you may use my Priority Coins redeemed HK$50 (C050) Racecourse Dinning Coupon together with the Complimentary cash coupons from this season Priority booklet. Inner Circle eligible for Gold and Black card members only.
20. Can I pick up my HK$50 (FNB1) Racecourse Dining Coupon at any of the Off Course Betting Branches by showing my redemption letter?
-The redemption letter will be mailed to your designated address within 7 working days after “Priority Coins” are successfully deducted from your account.
21. Which outlets I can / cannot use with the Priority Coins redeemed Racecourse Dining Coupon at the Racecourse?
- The terms & conditions and eligible outlets are same as the complimentary cash coupons from this season Priority booklet. Further information can refer to the terms & conditions located at the back of the complimentary cash coupons from this season Priority booklet.
22. Can I pick up my “gift shop at the races” at any of the Off Course Betting Branches in Hong Kong Island or The Hong Kong Jockey Club Headquarters located in Happy Valley?
- The “gift shop at the races” cash coupons will be mailed to your designated address within 7 working days after “Priority Coins” are successfully deducted from your account.
23. Can I use my HK$50 "gift shop at the races" cash coupon at The Hong Kong Jockey Club Membership Services Centre or Happy Valley Clubhouse?
- No. HK$50 "gift shop at the races" cash coupons are eligible at Sha Tin & Happy Valley "gift shop at the races" ONLY.
24. If I redeemed theHK$50 “gift shop at the races” cash coupon with my Priority Coins, can I still enjoy the 20% discount at the “gift shop at the races”?
- Yes, you may enjoy the HK$50 “gift shop at the races” cash coupon and 20% discount in “gift shop at the races” at the same time. You may refer to the terms & conditions stated behind the cash coupon.
25. Will I receive any redemption letter after I successfully redeem the gift thru 1818 hotline?
- Redemption thru 1818 hotline will be eliminated starting from 2013/2014 season. You may redeem from The Priority Programme website www.hkjcpriority.com or fill out the Rewards Redemption form.
26. How can I return the Rewards Redemption form?
- You may mail the Rewards Redemption Form to: Customer Care, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 30 Morrison Hill Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong. It is not necessary to send should you have already faxed to us
27. Where can I find the information for The Priority Programme Priority Rewards for 2013/2014 season?
- You may find all the information regarding The Priority Programme Priority Rewards in www.hkjcpriority.com.
28. I have request to redeem a reward through the Rewards Redemption Form, can I cancel the request now?
- Cancel and coins refund is allowed through the Priority Programme website only and you may cancel within 24 hours after the redemption is made.
Redemption by fax, email or mail may not be changed, cancelled, returned or refunded .
29. Can I submit my Rewards Redemption Form by different method in order submit the request faster?
- You may only select one method to submit your Rewards Redemption Form, such as by fax, email or form. Should you have already select one of the above method, the redemption letter will be mailed to your designated address within 14 working days after Priority Coinsare successfully deducted from your account.
For website redemption, the redemption letter will be mailed to your designated address within 7 working days after “Priority Coins” are successfully deducted from your account
30. Is this required to have the same signature as my betting account when I sign for the Rewards Redemption Form?
- Yes, this is for the purpose of verification and to avoid the unauthorized usage or redemption of your account information.
31. Why can’t I redeem any rewards through HKJC Priority Programme website www.hkjcpriority.com?
- You have to register as a HKJC online user, the website username to link with your existing betting account and you may start your redemption.
Should you have not registered online yet, please login to www.hkjcpriority.com and go to Register as Web to register. It will take 2 days for the online redemption services to be effective.
32. How I can watch horse race in live thru the website?
- You may now watch the Horse race in live thru the website by using your online betting account login name or by your betting account number to login. For selected customers, they will need to become an online user and link with their existing betting account.
33. Can I use my betting account number as a login to watch horse race in live thru the website?
- No, you may not watch the horse race in live thru the website by using the betting account only. Selected customers will have to register as The HKJC online user and link up their existing online betting account. For further information, please contact 1818 Customer Care.
34. Can the Racing Web Cast show the full screen of the live race?
- Yes, it can.
35. I cannot receive HKJC Priority Programme Paper statement, does the mail drop months changed?
- Yes. the mail drop months changed to November 2013, February and May 2014